Dallas Independent School District (DISD) Vision, Mission & Goals
DISD seeks to be a premier urban school district.
Educating all students for success.
Student Achievement Goals:
- All students will exhibit satisfactory or above performance on state assessments.
- Students below satisfactory performance will demonstrate more than one year of academic growth.
- Dallas ISD schools will be the primary choice for families in the district.
- The achievement gap by race, ethnicity and socio-economic status will be no greater than 10 percentage points on all academic measures.
- Ninety-five percent of students will graduate. Ninety percent of the graduates will qualify for community college, college, military, or industry certification.
- Ninety-five percent of students entering kindergarten will be school-ready based on a multidimensional assessment.
- All students will participate in at least one extracurricular or co-curricular activity each year.